Friday 8 July 2016

Potential music video songs and influences 3

Rise – Public Image Limited











After Johnny Rotten left the sex pistols (1978) he formed his own band public image limited (PIL) and made their main song, rise. It still had the same feel of a sex pistols song with johnnies weird looks and stares on stage and in videos which was always a key thing in the two bands. Rise is a very catchy song and can get any audience going. Rise is about the apartheid in Africa and more specifically about nelson mandalas impact on it. Rise is also about the Irish republican armies (IRA) torture techniques on British soldiers in the conflicts in northern Ireland. one line used is "they put a hot wire to my head, because of the things I did and said" this is a clear reference to electric shock torture. a line that links to the apartheid is " I could be wrong I could be right, I could be black I could be white".





https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq7JSic1DtM



















https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq7JSic1DtM

No comments:

Post a Comment