Friday 4 November 2016

4 Album Covers : Skrewdriver Boots And Braces


Image result for skrewdriver boots and braces full album The Skrewdriver album "BOOTS AND BRACES" was a very controversial album but still very appealing to me. The reason people didn't like it was the fact some songs have very strong right wing white supremacy connotations but my work is about the album cover and not the songs on the record.


The album cover appeals to me purely because of how simply and well done it is. It gets straight to the point. It is an album cover designed to attract Skinheads because of the way the Doc Marten boots are positions as if they are stood on someone and wanting a fight like every skinhead seems to like.


The font of the band name seems very distorted and gets to me as the skinhead life style is a very smart look with cropped hair big boots braces sta press pants or Levi jeans. All very smart clothes. However the title and band name looks very chaotic overall and quite edgy to a new viewer of the album as it isn't what you would expect from a skinhead band.


For example I am in a skinhead band and play some Skrewdriver songs from this specific album and our logo is very smart and professional as a skinhead should look and be so for Skrewdriver to have a fuzzy and edgy title for the album denotes that of skinhead culture which I respect and I believe it looks pretty cool.


ORDER 84


This is my bands Logo, it looks very smart and professional. My band consists of 3 members, 2 skinheads and a mod (an early version of a skinhead) I play bass guitar and adopted lead vocals when our singer Connor (a hard-core punk) left out of personal reasons. My best and good friend Tom Harvey is our brilliant guitarist and Bebe (the mod) is our drummer.



The band came about because we wanted to be like the bands we listen to such as Cockney Rejects, Sex pistols and Cock Sparrer. We have adopted the attitude they uphold as a band and have an intimidating look about us. We all dress very smart in sta press pants, fred perry polo shirts, a smart jumper, braces and a pair of doc marten air wair boots preferably above 8 holes high, I like either 10 eyelet or 14 eyelet as they look smart and intimidating which kind of defines our attitude and what we sing about.


We do, admittedly, try to get a reaction and annoy people out of our songs with our first single being a song called "I HATE MANCS" so it fall in well with what we are about yet again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By6KeqBzObo 

That is a link to our band playing Victimised by Chaos UK, the quality is poor overall but I don't mind also like our band on facebook.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X5e9thfWJ0          


This is the full album for skrewdriver


2 comments:

  1. Hi Dan, you will need to express more knowledge on codes & Conventions and more information on actual background

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've updated it and added more on my band miss thanks for the comment i have also went into a lot more detail on the album cover and added a link to live performance by our band in the Lennon's bar in early September.

    ReplyDelete